How Important to Offer to Travel?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Should I offer to pay my own way?

Total votes: 2

Anonymous User

How Important to Offer to Travel?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Short version: I'm a 3L who is looking to switch firms, albeit in the same market. I'm in the top 10% at a T14, interested in corporate work, summered at a V10 satellite office (and got an offer), and have a COA clerkship lined up for immediately after graduation. I'm emailing 5-10 firms in my target market to see I can get an interview to start as an associate post-clerkship, including a few I turned down offers from last fall (I know I'm a little late at this point).

The question: Does anyone have a sense of how important it is to say I'm going to be in the area? It's a relatively expensive plane ride from my school, and though I could pay for it, I'd prefer to have a firm do so. Do you think it will make a tangible difference in terms of getting an interview to make it risk-free for the firm and essentially pay my own way?

Return to “Legal Employment”