Big 4 Accounting Legal Interns?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Big 4 Accounting Legal Interns?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm interested in working for one of the Big Four Accounting Firms int heir legal department for 2L summer. I can't find much about summer programs with them and most of what I've found is about their undergrad or MBA program internships. One of them took part in my school's resume drop and I've heard of people who went through another one's, but it's tough to find online.

Anonymous User

Re: Big 4 Accounting Legal Interns?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:33 am

I don't think the Big 4 offers internships in their legal departments in most cases. However, several of their lines of service hire law students for full time positions and internships. I summered at one of the Big 4 in one of their tax consulting groups. Yes, this is the same internship that undergrads and MBAs (depending on the line of service) are hired for. You would be doing the type of work that your line of service performs. My group focused on the tax ramifications of international transactions and structuring those deals. To the extent you consider that legal work, it was a legal internship. I'm fairly certain that each line of service will hire interns, although the amounts will vary. If you're interested, I would recommend researching the Big 4's lines of service and then applying to whichever one you'd prefer/have the experience for. FYI, the internships pay decently (although not biglaw money) and will typically end with an offer for full time employment.

Anonymous User

Re: Big 4 Accounting Legal Interns?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I don't think the Big 4 offers internships in their legal departments in most cases. However, several of their lines of service hire law students for full time positions and internships. I summered at one of the Big 4 in one of their tax consulting groups. Yes, this is the same internship that undergrads and MBAs (depending on the line of service) are hired for. You would be doing the type of work that your line of service performs. My group focused on the tax ramifications of international transactions and structuring those deals. To the extent you consider that legal work, it was a legal internship. I'm fairly certain that each line of service will hire interns, although the amounts will vary. If you're interested, I would recommend researching the Big 4's lines of service and then applying to whichever one you'd prefer/have the experience for. FYI, the internships pay decently (although not biglaw money) and will typically end with an offer for full time employment.

OP here

Thanks so much for that explanation. Why the Big 4 school recruiter or career services couldn't have explained it that clearly, I don't know.

I'll apply for those. I know they don't pay as much, but a) I'm really interested in working for them and b) I don't have anything else yet anyway, so something is more than nothing!

Thanks again!!

Return to “Legal Employment”