Jenner Chi v. DLA Piper Chi

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Jenner Chicago or DLA Piper Chicago?

Jenner Chi
86%
DLA Piper Chi
14%

Total votes: 7

Anonymous User

Jenner Chi v. DLA Piper Chi

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:56 am

Help please! I loved both firms when I visited. I am pretty sure I want to litigate so Jenner seems like a great choice, but I like the international feel of DLA.

Anonymous User

Re: Jenner Chi v. DLA Piper Chi

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:05 am

Summered at another DLA office in 2012 but got a chance to spend some time in the Chicago office and hung out with a couple of Chicago attorneys. Everybody I met there was very nice; plus their physical space is amazing (and I heard they're moving to an even swankier building soon). The Chicago folks seemed to do a large variety of work for a bunch of longtime clients, which makes sense given that Chicago was a prominent fixture in the old Piper Rudnick. The partner from my office (a lit guy) had extremely high praise for the lawyers he worked with often in that office, and pointed out a few rising-star associates in particular.

On the other hand, that partner also happened to be working with Jenner as co-counsel on another matter, and he spoke about them with a great deal of respect. They have a great rep and apparently are a pleasure to work with. IIRC they have a bit of a "nerdy" reputation compared to a place like DLA, but you probably got a sense of the culture when you interviewed. Congrats on having this choice -- both seem like great firms.

Return to “Legal Employment”