Leaning Out: The Associates Survey '13 (The American Lawyer)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
IAFG

Leaning Out: The Associates Survey '13 (The American Lawyer)

Postby IAFG » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm

I don't think the full text is available online but I am sure other people have copies.

"Several female associates at the New York office of a California-based law firm... expressed incredulity that there was only one female partner in New York (in an office that has more than 100 lawyers). That sentiment was shared BJ an associate at the San Francisco office of another Am Law 100 firm, who wrote: 'It is unacceptable to have an office without any female partners, [and] where no female associate has children."

"'The partners who do not have families should have greater respect for the associate[s] who do... Partners who evaluate associates for partnership track should not seek mere clones of themselves.'"

"'The L.A. office does not have a single Hispanic or Latin attorney (in L.A.!). And only one female partner across all practice groups."

ExBiglawAssociate

Re: Leaning Out: The Associates Survey '13 (The American Lawyer)

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:03 pm

BREAKING: Biglaw firms are run by greedy asshole white male Boomers. More at 11.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 pm

IAFG wrote:I don't think the full text is available online but I am sure other people have copies.

"Several female associates at the New York office of a California-based law firm... expressed incredulity that there was only one female partner in New York (in an office that has more than 100 lawyers). That sentiment was shared BJ an associate at the San Francisco office of another Am Law 100 firm, who wrote: 'It is unacceptable to have an office without any female partners, [and] where no female associate has children."

"'The partners who do not have families should have greater respect for the associate[s] who do... Partners who evaluate associates for partnership track should not seek mere clones of themselves.'"

"'The L.A. office does not have a single Hispanic or Latin attorney (in L.A.!). And only one female partner across all practice groups."

Which firms were surveyed?

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
IAFG wrote:I don't think the full text is available online but I am sure other people have copies.

Which firms were surveyed?

Considering non-NLJ350 firms made the list of best firms, they must have been pretty thorough.

Return to “Legal Employment”