Long delay after callback?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Long delay after callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Is it a good/bad sign if you have not heard from a firm after a callback for a significant period of time (1~2 weeks), but the firm has already dinged some people (email) who have had callbacks after you had yours?

goldeneye

Re: Long delay after callback?

Postby goldeneye » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Stop reading tea leaves. Keep mass mailing. Who knows what they are thinking and thinking about it will not change a thing.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:16 pm

goldeneye wrote:Stop reading tea leaves. Keep mass mailing. Who knows what they are thinking and thinking about it will not change a thing.

I have a couple offers, but it's just that this is for my top choice firm and the wait is killing me.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:20 pm

It's certainly not a good sign.

law321

Postby law321 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:31 pm

IAFG wrote:It's certainly not a good sign.

Not necessarily. If the firm has only dinged people (not sure how the original poster would know this for sure), they could just be cutting loose the clear "no" candidates, and waiting to make offers from the "in the running" pile until all callbacks are done. It can take a while to finish up all callbacks.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:39 pm

law321 wrote:

Not necessarily. If the firm has only dinged people (not sure how the original poster would know this for sure), they could just be cutting loose the clear "no" candidates, and waiting to make offers from the "in the running" pile until all callbacks are done. It can take a while to finish up all callbacks.

It's either a neutral sign (just no offers made yet) or a bad sign (OP is not a first string candidate).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:43 pm

IAFG wrote:
law321 wrote:

It's either a neutral sign (just no offers made yet) or a bad sign (OP is not a first string candidate).

Thanks for your input. I do not know if the firm has made any offers in between (they probably did). I just know of dings from reports on TLS. Anyways, I know it's completely out of my hands and I should just relax and wait it out but it's just getting increasingly difficult.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm

I'm sorry. I know it's painful to be put on hold. Since you have other offers I think it wouldn't be inappropriate to ask the recruiter about the firm's timeline.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Some firms wait for all CBs and didn't start them until after Labor Day.

Return to “Legal Employment”