Choosing between SV firms

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Best SV firm for corporate work?

Fenwick
33%
Cooley
22%
Wilson Sonsini
11%
Gunderson
No votes
Weil
11%
MoFo
22%

Total votes: 9

Anonymous User

Choosing between SV firms

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:35 pm

Please explain answers to poll

Anonymous User

Re: Choosing between SV firms

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:26 pm

also interested in this. I am deciding between Weil and Skadden

Donkeykongmadness

Postby Donkeykongmadness » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Just go by the Vault rankings. That's always worked out really well for people. :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Do you want corp or lit or are you not sure? If you are interested in lit then obviously cross Gunderson out. Since you have it on your list, I'm assuming you want corp. Based on that, I'd pick your preference between the native SV firms (Gunderson/Fenwick/Cooley/Wilson). They have a larger breadth of corp work than either Weil or MoFo and are more dominant in the SV corp realm. Gunderson is a bit more boutique-ish because it doesn't do any lit, Fenwick doesn't have offices outside of the west coast, Cooley is a bit smaller and is national, Wilson is national but with a larger office. I've heard people dislike Wilson's silo structure but I hear that's changing so who knows. If you want SV corp, I'd pick whichever of these 4 you personally liked the most.

Return to “Legal Employment”