Price Waterhouse Coopers

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Price Waterhouse Coopers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Anyone know anything whatsoever about their summer program or interview process? I've got an interview with them coming up

Anonymous User

Re: Price Waterhouse Coopers

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Legal, accounting, or consulting position?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:10 pm

How did you apply? I'd love to work in their legal department but couldn't find much information.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know anything whatsoever about their summer program or interview process? I've got an interview with them coming up

Relevant to my interests. Found them on Symplicity/OCI job posting, they're apparently coming to the undergrad campus and interviewing JDs for the tax department.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:19 pm

applied last week. time to wait and see.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Anonymous User wrote:How did you apply? I'd love to work in their legal department but couldn't find much information.

Their legal department doesn't hire summers because their legal department operates like a in-house general counsel's shop. They do hire lawyers in tax because of tax compliance and lawyers in consulting/advisory. They hire experienced lawyers from biglaw firms for their legal department.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:06 pm

I applied to both PWC and E&Y but i have no experience in tax or accounting so we'll see how that goes. I also have no idea what they pay summers and if these jobs lead to full time employment.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:10 pm

If you are a liberal arts major in college, but can do math, is it worth mentioning it to them, and what would be a good way? MBB for example cares about SAT/GRE/LSAT and asks you to put them on your resume... I feel it would be weird doing that on Big4 Accounting applications... any advice?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:46 am

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:How did you apply? I'd love to work in their legal department but couldn't find much information.

Their legal department doesn't hire summers because their legal department operates like a in-house general counsel's shop. They do hire lawyers in tax because of tax compliance and lawyers in consulting/advisory. They hire experienced lawyers from biglaw firms for their legal department.

This is generally correct. I summered at one of the Big 4 in one of their tax consulting groups. This is the same internship that undergrads and MBAs (depending on the line of service) are hired for. You do the type of work that your line of service performs. My group focused on the tax ramifications of international transactions and structuring those deals. If you're interested, I would recommend researching the Big 4's lines of service and then applying to whichever one you'd prefer/have the experience for. The internships pay decently (although not biglaw money) and will typically end with an offer for full time employment.

Anonymous User wrote:If you are a liberal arts major in college, but can do math, is it worth mentioning it to them, and what would be a good way? MBB for example cares about SAT/GRE/LSAT and asks you to put them on your resume... I feel it would be weird doing that on Big4 Accounting applications... any advice?

I did not put any standardized test scores on my resume and agree that it seems a little odd absent a request from the employer. You could emphasize your math/analytical skills in a cover letter (or during the interview) if you have something more substantial to discuss than test scores. I did include a "relevant coursework" section on my resume where I listed financial/transactional courses I had taken in law school and undergrad. FYI, I do not have a finance or accounting undergrad degree.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:

This is generally correct. I summered at one of the Big 4 in one of their tax consulting groups. This is the same internship that undergrads and MBAs (depending on the line of service) are hired for. You do the type of work that your line of service performs. My group focused on the tax ramifications of international transactions and structuring those deals. If you're interested, I would recommend researching the Big 4's lines of service and then applying to whichever one you'd prefer/have the experience for. The internships pay decently (although not biglaw money) and will typically end with an offer for full time employment.

Anonymous User wrote:If you are a liberal arts major in college, but can do math, is it worth mentioning it to them, and what would be a good way? MBB for example cares about SAT/GRE/LSAT and asks you to put them on your resume... I feel it would be weird doing that on Big4 Accounting applications... any advice?

I did not put any standardized test scores on my resume and agree that it seems a little odd absent a request from the employer. You could emphasize your math/analytical skills in a cover letter (or during the interview) if you have something more substantial to discuss than test scores. I did include a "relevant coursework" section on my resume where I listed financial/transactional courses I had taken in law school and undergrad. FYI, I do not have a finance or accounting undergrad degree.

Also, at least as of 2008, non-CPAs (lawyers) could not become partners at PwC. They could become principals, which was as good as a partner, but they couldn't get the "partner" title on the door plaque.

Return to “Legal Employment”