Reapply to a firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Reapply to a firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:48 pm

I mailed my stuff to a firm and got a ding email that said they weren't currently accepting applications for next summer and to check back next year. Well fast forward two weeks, and now they've popped up on my school's symplicity as a resume collect. So either 1) the ding was just a meaningless form letter and they're not interested in me or b) their hiring needs have changed. Is it inappropriate to apply again through the resume collect?

rad lulz

Re: Reapply to a firm?

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mailed my stuff to a firm and got a ding email that said they weren't currently accepting applications for next summer and to check back next year. Well fast forward two weeks, and now they've popped up on my school's symplicity as a resume collect. So either 1) the ding was just a meaningless form letter and they're not interested in me or b) their hiring needs have changed. Is it inappropriate to apply again through the resume collect?

What's the worst they can say, "no?"

In the time it took to make this thread you could have already applied

fxb

Postby fxb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I mailed my stuff to a firm and got a ding email that said they weren't currently accepting applications for next summer and to check back next year. Well fast forward two weeks, and now they've popped up on my school's symplicity as a resume collect. So either 1) the ding was just a meaningless form letter and they're not interested in me or b) their hiring needs have changed. Is it inappropriate to apply again through the resume collect?
Last edited by fxb on Thu May 08, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:13 pm

fxb wrote:

I mean, sure, I guess the worst they could say is "no," but they're going to say no. They gave you that message because they want to see your grades improve and see you get positive reviews and an offer from some other firm first.

They probably don't even really want to talk to him next year. That's form language.

fxb

Postby fxb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:45 pm

rad lulz wrote:
fxb wrote:

I mean, sure, I guess the worst they could say is "no," but they're going to say no. They gave you that message because they want to see your grades improve and see you get positive reviews and an offer from some other firm first.

They probably don't even really want to talk to him next year. That's form language.

Probably not, but I wouldn't go quite that far. Plenty of firms send out both "encourage" and "discourage" form letters. The "encourage" ones aren't totally pointless.

Return to “Legal Employment”