Follow-up After a Screener

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Follow-up After a Screener

Postby 90LawSchool » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:13 pm

I finished my screeners about 3 weeks ago and there are still a handful of firms that I have not heard back from. While most of these (I am sure) are dings, there are a few firms that no one that I know has heard anything from. Should I shoot the recruiter a quick email following up? The basic message being something like "I am still interested in X firm and wanted to follow up from the screening interview"?

I don't see a downside but at the same time, I do not want to appear rude or pushy.

Re: Follow-up After a Screener

Postby fxb » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:16 pm

A short follow-up definitely wouldn't hurt in this case, particularly if it's after a couple of weeks. More than one follow-up, or sending an email and making a phone call, or following up after only a couple of days -- those are rude and pushy. A single, short email after two weeks is not.

Return to “Legal Employment”