following up with firms question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

following up with firms question

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:15 am

If I have several offers that will be closing at the end of this week but am still very interested in working at firms I interviewed (callbacks) with and haven't heard back from, should I send emails to these firms now to see if they can expedite my decision. I know some of these firms have already given out offers but I clearly have not received one. Could this hurt my chances with the firms in any way. All NYC firms

AntipodeanPhil

Re: following up with firms question

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:04 am

Here's what's going to happen, assuming other people answer this question:

People who informed firms about offer deadlines and subsequently got dinged are going to tell you not to do this - that it is an unnecessary risk.

People who informed firms about offer deadlines and subsequently got offers are going to tell you to do this - that it is a good way of showing interest in a firm.

Since the most you will get is very limited anecdotal data, you might as well just do what you feel most comfortable with.

mr.hands

Re: following up with firms question

Postby mr.hands » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:59 am

For what it's worth, I know that a lot of career services offices (all T14) encourage you to contact the firm and let them know.

Also, you have multiple offers, so no need to worry as much about getting dinged for contacting them. (i also dont think that's going to happen)

Return to “Legal Employment”