All quiet on the NYC front

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

All quiet on the NYC front

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm

I applied to a number of NYC biglaw firms. If I haven't heard anything from them (no rejections, no word about interviews), should I just assume that a rejection is inevitable at this point?

Re: All quiet on the NYC front

Postby 09042014 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:44 pm

yes

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:58 am

It's probably a rejection, but you could send emails to all of 'em letting them know you exist, applied some time ago, and are still interested in the firm. Might as well since you're curious, although for me it oftentimes ended up being a reminder for the firm to send me a rejection letter.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It's probably a rejection, but you could send emails to all of 'em letting them know you exist, applied some time ago, and are still interested in the firm. Might as well since you're curious, although for me it oftentimes ended up being a reminder for the firm to send me a rejection letter.

is this for real?
even if i had cb only 1-2 weeks ago?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:It's probably a rejection, but you could send emails to all of 'em letting them know you exist, applied some time ago, and are still interested in the firm. Might as well since you're curious, although for me it oftentimes ended up being a reminder for the firm to send me a rejection letter.

is this for real?
even if i had cb only 1-2 weeks ago?

How many Cbs are we talking about. 1 or 2? Maybe you are in this thing. But if you are 0/5, reading between teh lines.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:58 pm

It sounds like OP was referring to applications that had not yet resulted in an interview. In that case, it seems likely that the application is not likely to go anywhere. No reason not to follow up though.

With silence on CBs, however, I don't think the assumption can be made that a rejection can be assumed at this point. Am I right on this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It sounds like OP was referring to applications that had not yet resulted in an interview. In that case, it seems likely that the application is not likely to go anywhere. No reason not to follow up though.

That's exactly what I was referring to. Thank you for the advice.

Return to “Legal Employment”