Quinn NY v Big 3 Houston

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Quinn NY v Big 3 Houston

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:21 pm

IP bro. Decision coming down to Quinn (NY) vs Baker Botts vs NRF (both Houston). I think I would hate NYC and don't really have any ties there, and I have lots of friends/could see myself in Houston/TX long term. Given that BB and NRF are so big in Texas I feel like choosing one of them is a no brainer for me, especially given the kickass COL and likely lower (somewhat at least) hours commitment compared to Quinn, but there is still that nagging doubt as Quinn is such a big IP lit powerhouse.

Thoughts? Just want to make sure I'm covering all the bases.

Anonymous User

Re: Quinn NY v Big 3 Houston

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:44 pm

If you don't want to work in New York, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Baker Botts or NRF. Both firms are well regarded nationally (Baker Botts slightly more so), and from what I hear from my friends at Quinn you're right that the quality of life at either will be much higher. For reference, I'm a NY IP person with no ties to Texas and didn't interview at any of these firms. Still, if I wanted to live in Texas and had these options, I would have happily gone to Baker Botts or Fulbright there over Quinn here.

Anonymous User

Re: Quinn NY v Big 3 Houston

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you don't want to work in New York, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Baker Botts or NRF. Both firms are well regarded nationally (Baker Botts slightly more so), and from what I hear from my friends at Quinn you're right that the quality of life at either will be much higher. For reference, I'm a NY IP person with no ties to Texas and didn't interview at any of these firms. Still, if I wanted to live in Texas and had these options, I would have happily gone to Baker Botts or Fulbright there over Quinn here.

Location matters more than the name of the firm.

Return to “Legal Employment”