Callback at Memphis firm: Thank you notes?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Callback at Memphis firm: Thank you notes?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:31 pm

I had a callback with a firm in Memphis. Is this one of those markets where thank yous are generally expected?

I met met with 8 attorneys in pairs. Can I send an e-mail to each pair of attorneys (same e-mail addressed to both) if I do send out thank yous? Alternatively, could I send one thank you to the recruiting person and ask her to extend my thanks to everyone else? In all honesty, interviews kind of run together for me, so it's tough for me to think of something personal to say to each person.

kl10qm

Re: Callback at Memphis firm: Thank you notes?

Postby kl10qm » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback with a firm in Memphis. Is this one of those markets where thank yous are generally expected?

I met met with 8 attorneys in pairs. Can I send an e-mail to each pair of attorneys (same e-mail addressed to both) if I do send out thank yous? Alternatively, could I send one thank you to the recruiting person and ask her to extend my thanks to everyone else? In all honesty, interviews kind of run together for me, so it's tough for me to think of something personal to say to each person.

First, yes, thank you notes are 100% expected at Memphis firms, and attorneys will actually go to the recruitment/hiring coordinator and ask if s/he has heard anything from the candidate resembling a "thank you" (I know this from personal experience).

Second, take the extra time to send it to each person. All the other candidates wanting Memphis will, so if you don't, you run the chance of distinguishing yourself from all the other candidates (negatively).

Anonymous User

Re: Callback at Memphis firm: Thank you notes?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback with a firm in Memphis. Is this one of those markets where thank yous are generally expected?

I wouldn't do it then.

Return to “Legal Employment”