Firm Acceptance Confirmation

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firm Acceptance Confirmation

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:35 am

Hey, does anyone know whether firms give some sorta formal aknowledgment of your acceptance of an offer?

Anonymous User

Re: Firm Acceptance Confirmation

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:48 am

For me it was an email confirmation if that counts as "formal"

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:18 am

I have been told repeatedly not to sweat this detail. Basically, that these firms know better than to try and renege on an offer. I still would try and get something in writing before you get a true, formalized letter, or some hr paperwork.

dixiecupdrinking

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:41 pm

They can be weirdly informal about this stuff. Keep in mind that you're at-will, so any sort of written confirmation isn't worth the paper it's written on anyway.

But if there is some actual reason for you to feel that there may have been a miscommunication about your acceptance, then it can't hurt to follow up with recruiting by email. Then you can save their response and look at it to calm yourself down when you wake up in a cold sweat at 4 AM worried that you never really got a job offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:36 pm

I never got a formal or informal confirmation of my acceptance. In fact, I was starting to get a little worried until the firm sent out a gift around Christmas. Looking back on it, I should have just shot a quick email to the recruiting department confirming that my acceptance had been recorded. If you're at all concerned (which there's probably no reason to be) just do that.

bigbobbybass

Postby bigbobbybass » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:23 pm

In fact, I was starting to get a little worried until the firm sent out a gift around Christmas.

Just curious, what kind of gift?

Return to “Legal Employment”