Post-CB email question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Post-CB email question

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:36 am

I got an email from a firm saying that they are still strongly considering me. How should I respond to this? Of course I want to express my continuing interest, but is there a good way to do this that has worked for other people? I don't have other offers to bring up. I have had other CBs and future ones coming up.

Anonymous User

Re: Post-CB email question

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:I got an email from a firm saying that they are still strongly considering me. How should I respond to this? Of course I want to express my continuing interest, but is there a good way to do this that has worked for other people? I don't have other offers to bring up. I have had other CBs and future ones coming up.

How long ago was the CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 am

Last week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:00 pm

Bump because I want to respond before the end of the day. Any advice?

goldeneye

Postby goldeneye » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:04 pm

You could mention that you hope to have an opportunity to choose the firm and if they need anything else from you, to let you know. You also might say that you have other callbacks coming up, but that x firm is still your top choice (if it is). Don't want to appear desperate.

I wouldn't say you've had other callbacks because they'll assume that to mean you didn't get an offer from those places.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:07 pm

No personal experience. I think I'd just tell them you are happy to hear that and you remain very interested as well.

Return to “Legal Employment”