Too Late to Mass Mail?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too Late to Mass Mail?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:53 am

Just got no-offered on Monday (firm did not extend offers to more than a majority of the SA class...long story). I was thinking of mass mailing to big markets (NYC, Chicago, SF, etc.) this weekend, but was wondering if it would be a waste of time. Thoughts?

brotherdarkness

Re: Too Late to Mass Mail?

Postby brotherdarkness » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:55 am

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just got no-offered on Monday (firm did not extend offers to more than a majority of the SA class...long story). I was thinking of mass mailing to big markets (NYC, Chicago, SF, etc.) this weekend, but was wondering if it would be a waste of time. Thoughts?

Probably a waste... (I am in the same position)... but what better things you have to do really??
If you are super, super, super high GPA at a top school, then you could maybe focus on getting clerkship classes and recs in order so you start applying off plan in January and continuing through the summer.
Sometimes, judges need emergency clerks so you might even get something for September 2014. But, if you do not match the grades, I cannot imagine a better use of your time other than mass mail + network.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:21 am

OP here. Might as well add:

I'm top 30% at a Big Ten School (not UM or NW);
Got published last year on a secondary journal;
On the executive board for my journal;
CALI'd three classes so far (two of them legal writing courses).

Are these good enough to start pursuing clerkships? Sorry for the ignorance but it's something I never really looked into.

aca0260

Postby aca0260 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:41 am

Ya bro it's too late. Watch Suits.

User has been outed.

badaboom61

Postby badaboom61 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:52 am

Could you tell us the firm? If they actually no-offered as many people as you make it sound like, anonymity should not be an issue.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:54 am

badaboom61 wrote:Could you tell us the firm? If they actually no-offered as many people as you make it sound like, anonymity should not be an issue.

It's a mid-size firm (about 75 attorneys) in a market nobody on TLS would want to work (think Lansing/Akron/Fort Wayne/Toledo/Grand Rapids size city).

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:Ya bro it's too late. Watch Suits.

Solid tip. But yes, mass mail today.

Return to “Legal Employment”