Skadden DC vs. Kirkland Chicago

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Skadden DC
50%
Kirkland Chicago
50%

Total votes: 12

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 pm

I'm struggling choosing between these two offices. I am extremely interested in politics/political law, but also have interest in litigation. I love DC and Chicago, so choosing one city over the other is difficult. I know that Kirkland doesn't have much of a political bend to it at all, but the Chicago office is simply incredible. I am wondering whether it would be a bad move to choose Skadden DC over Kirkland Chicago (which is where I'm leaning right now), or if people think that going with Skadden is the right option. Please let me know your thoughts and thank you so much in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Skadden DC vs. Kirkland Chicago

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:42 pm

Kirkland has a massive political bend.

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:16 pm

Political law practice at Skadden DC is top notch.

hichvichwoh

Postby hichvichwoh » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:49 pm

sounds like you really can't go wrong here. Just be happy that whatever choice you make is the right one.

2013applicant

Postby 2013applicant » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:14 pm

OP pm me if you would like. I work at one of these firms. I will be glad to answer questions you may have that you didn't want to ask and also just give my honest general opinion of the firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:25 pm

While Kirkland is the choice from a pure strength of litigation practice perspective, if you know you want politics (and hopefully have experience in it), DC is the place. Skadden DC's litigation isn't bad either, as long as you're cool with white collar/enforcement type work. If you want to do commercial lit, then choose Kirkland, easily.

But honestly, DC and Chicago are totally different cities and 1000 miles away from each other. I would make this decision based on where you want to live.

Return to “Legal Employment”