C+F: employer is now out of business

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

C+F: employer is now out of business

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:53 am

I'm a recent graduate putting together my application for the admission to the bar. Problem is, one of the places I worked at is now no longer in existence (went bankrupt). Am I still obligated to get a C+F form affidavit from them??

kalvano

Re: C+F: employer is now out of business

Postby kalvano » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:I'm a recent graduate putting together my application for the admission to the bar. Problem is, one of the places I worked at is now no longer in existence (went bankrupt). Am I still obligated to get a C+F form affidavit from them??

1) Why anonymous?

2) How do you expect people to be able to help you if they don't even know what state it is?

3) Why anonymous?

4) Why not just call the state bar and ask?

Anonymous User

Re: C+F: employer is now out of business

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:53 pm

anonymous because my username would allow you to figure out what firm it was and other circumstances surrounding that bankruptcy. it's New York State. I obviously did call the state bar to ask but have been redirected to a non-functioning answering machine every single time I've called. The only other contact info I can find is fax... and somehow I doubt I'm going to get a response through fax.

Return to “Legal Employment”