Question on return visit to firm

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Question on return visit to firm

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Can you dress business casual? Better safe than sorry with a suit?

thesealocust

Re: Question on return visit to firm

Postby thesealocust » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:46 pm

I mean you already have an offer... business casual would probably be fine, but you might feel self conscious or more out of place if you just strolled in without a suit? It wouldn't phase me if somebody came in for a 2nd visit without a suit and tie, but I'm not sure that's fair/generic advice.

sap

Postby sap » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:39 am

If you didn't feel out of place wearing a suit in your interviews, it's probably appropriate to wear a suit. Personally, I'm planning to match the dress code of the firms for day-to-day, except for the jeans firms - then I'll wear slacks. I targeted SF/SV, and at every firm I felt very awkward sitting in a suit across the table from someone in slacks or jeans. You're trying to get a feel for whether you really fit in with the people, and that's hard to do if you're uncomfortable the whole time because you're overdressed for the party.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:45 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can you dress business casual? Better safe than sorry with a suit?

It's not like they'd revoke your offer...

Loose Seal

Postby Loose Seal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Wear a suit. We associates take time out of our day for a second visit the same as if it was a callback...the suit is a nice way to show appreciation for that. We also still have opportunities to provide feedback on you, and if we get the sense from our discussion that you're not that much of a prize, we can advise the other recruiters not to give you a hard sell.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm

Loose Seal wrote:Wear a suit. We associates take time out of our day for a second visit the same as if it was a callback...the suit is a nice way to show appreciation for that. We also still have opportunities to provide feedback on you, and if we get the sense from our discussion that you're not that much of a prize, we can advise the other recruiters not to give you a hard sell.

I was more nervous for my second visit than I was for any of my callbacks. If you screw up the second visit it follows you during your time at the frm

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:49 pm

Loose Seal wrote:Wear a suit. We associates take time out of our day for a second visit the same as if it was a callback...the suit is a nice way to show appreciation for that. We also still have opportunities to provide feedback on you, and if we get the sense from our discussion that you're not that much of a prize, we can advise the other recruiters not to give you a hard sell.

This sounds like a great reason not to wear a suit. The hard sell can be really obnoxious :lol:

Loose Seal

Postby Loose Seal » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:42 pm

thesealocust wrote:

This sounds like a great reason not to wear a suit. The hard sell can be really obnoxious :lol:

My hard sell involved Le Bernardin so I was okay with it :)

Return to “Legal Employment”