BigLaw LA Open-Ended Discussion Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

BigLaw LA Open-Ended Discussion Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:22 pm

While I'm pondering my fate, I thought it might be useful for everyone's decision-making processes if I started an open-ended thread where we can discuss our thoughts about firms, the economic health of the LA legal market, and anything else that comes to mind.

- For non-IP lit, does anyone think that any of the NY/SF/Chicago/etc. firms in LA are comparable to the "home-grown" ones?
- In terms of how interesting the work is, is national reputation (Vault, Chambers, etc.) more or less important a determinant than local reputation (Chambers CA rankings)?
- Does size matter? (For size in LA County, see http://www.cbjonline.com/a2labj/lists/2 ... -1-100.pdf)
- Is the size of LA Biglaw going to remain stagnant - or even shrink - as Bunker Hill remains plagued by high vacancy rates and corporate headquarters keep moving to NoVa or Texas?

Anyway, over to you.

Return to “Legal Employment”