Page 1 of 1

Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:01 am
by Anonymous User
I know it may be depressing, but let's start a list of the offers you've gotten or that you know with absolute certainty that other people have gotten. It will help everyone know which callbacks might still bear fruit.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:04 am
by Anonymous User
QE Offer - i think 5 pre oci offers.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:28 am
by Anonymous User
Heard someone got offer at Proskauer - Newark

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 am
by Anonymous User
subsequent posters should include class standing + journal.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:57 am
by Bronx Bum
Anonymous User wrote:subsequent posters should include class standing + journal.


OWAS

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am
by lawrence1917
What’s the virtue of this thread? The vast majority of students will not get any offers, and many won’t get offers at places that they hoped for. There’s no practical advantage to listing out offers, either. There’s nothing to be concluded from it. One person getting an offer somewhere doesn’t mean that someone who hasn’t yet heard, won’t. We should all be sensitive to and understanding of the fact that not everyone is fortunate enough to receive an offer. Some people are going around bragging about screeners, callbacks, and offers, and it’s really unkind. Enough.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:47 am
by Anonymous User
lawrence1917 wrote:What’s the virtue of this thread? The vast majority of students will not get any offers, and many won’t get offers at places that they hoped for. There’s no practical advantage to listing out offers, either. There’s nothing to be concluded from it. One person getting an offer somewhere doesn’t mean that someone who hasn’t yet heard, won’t. We should all be sensitive to and understanding of the fact that not everyone is fortunate enough to receive an offer. Some people are going around bragging about screeners, callbacks, and offers, and it’s really unkind. Enough.


I understand that OCI has been tough for a lot of people. A good number of my friends have been unable to secure any callbacks, much less any offers. However, the few, lucky people who have been able to secure CB's and in the case of this thread, offers, would find this thread helpful.

This thread is not meant as a forum for bragging. In fact, the few posts here have been informational for those waiting on offers. Yes, you're right, the offer process is a black box and we can't be sure of much, but at least we can assemble some sort of venue from which to gather scraps of information. Because the majority won't get jobs (I may be one of them), does not mean the minority be banned from talking about the process.

Those who are bragging are assholes. I don't know why someone who is not in the market for an offer from OCI would come to this thread. The name is very clear.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:47 am
by Bronx Bum
lawrence1917 wrote:What’s the virtue of this thread? The vast majority of students will not get any offers, and many won’t get offers at places that they hoped for. There’s no practical advantage to listing out offers, either. There’s nothing to be concluded from it. One person getting an offer somewhere doesn’t mean that someone who hasn’t yet heard, won’t. We should all be sensitive to and understanding of the fact that not everyone is fortunate enough to receive an offer. Some people are going around bragging about screeners, callbacks, and offers, and it’s really unkind. Enough.



I really don't understand what this guy's problem is. That's a part of life--some people get jobs and some people don't. If people don't like this thread, they shouldn't click. TLS has been a great resource for a ton of people. I would have never retaken the LSAT if it wasn't for TLS and learned about the bibles, etc.

Nothing is wrong with letting people know what creds correlate with different offers. By age 24-25, people should be beyond worrying about offending people with success.

When I was a kid, I wanted to play shortstop for the Yankees. I don't write a letter to YES network telling them to stop showing Derek Jeter because it's "unkind." It's part of life.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:54 am
by smokeylarue
Couldn't this all just go under the Fordham OCI thread? It's not even that many pages.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:13 pm
by Anonymous User
smokeylarue wrote:Couldn't this all just go under the Fordham OCI thread? It's not even that many pages.


You're right. Not many pages, yet. Fordham OCI thread was originally meant to address bidding. It has since mutated into a whole bunch of other shi*. If you don't like the thread, please don't post or read. It's simple, really. I don't see the issue.

Gosh. :|

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:52 pm
by Anonymous User
Offer from SRZ this morning via phone, call back was early last week.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:39 pm
by Anonymous User
Milbank offer

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm
by Anonymous User
Anyone hear anything from Nixon Peabody or Pryor Cashman?

At what point is it okay to email the recruiter and check on status of offer? This waiting game.... no one told me about this part of law school when I was applying :evil:

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:45 pm
by Anonymous User
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Nixon Peabody or Pryor Cashman?

At what point is it okay to email the recruiter and check on status of offer? This waiting game.... no one told me about this part of law school when I was applying :evil:


Callbacks have already been offered. Interview's are ongoing. Sorry. Some more cb's may occur as people cancel their cb's at Nixon.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 pm
by Anonymous User
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Nixon Peabody or Pryor Cashman?

At what point is it okay to email the recruiter and check on status of offer? This waiting game.... no one told me about this part of law school when I was applying :evil:


Callbacks have already been offered. Interview's are ongoing. Sorry. Some more cb's may occur as people cancel their cb's at Nixon.


I should have been more clear. I had a CB last over a week and a half ago. Wondering if anyone has gotten an offer.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:41 am
by Anonymous User
Holland and Knight offer this morning

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 am
by 20160810
lawrence1917 wrote:What’s the virtue of this thread? The vast majority of students will not get any offers, and many won’t get offers at places that they hoped for. There’s no practical advantage to listing out offers, either. There’s nothing to be concluded from it. One person getting an offer somewhere doesn’t mean that someone who hasn’t yet heard, won’t. We should all be sensitive to and understanding of the fact that not everyone is fortunate enough to receive an offer. Some people are going around bragging about screeners, callbacks, and offers, and it’s really unkind. Enough.

I went to a peer school, so I know your feel here bro, but I think you're wrong. This thread is useful because for everyone at Fordham who gets an offer, there are probably 5-6 people who called back with the same firm and are still waiting, maybe more. It would also be useful if people added their class rank and whether they're on LR when they post offers (which they don't seem to be doing here) so you can get an idea of which firms require top-5% and which are willing to dip down into the top-15 to 20% range. Mainly the people who could benefit here are Fordham 1Ls who might be trying to figure out which firms to target next year.

Plus in all honesty people are probably pumped if they got an offer, and it's better to boast a little anonymously here than IRL to a class full of people who are just not gonna want to hear that.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:26 pm
by Anonymous User
Anonymous User wrote:Holland and Knight offer this morning


Well said. I posted Holland and Knight offer a bit earlier. My stats are top 1/3, secondary journal.

Re: Fordham 2013 OCI - Official Offer Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:43 pm
by NJPitcher
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear anything from Nixon Peabody or Pryor Cashman?

At what point is it okay to email the recruiter and check on status of offer? This waiting game.... no one told me about this part of law school when I was applying :evil:


Callbacks have already been offered. Interview's are ongoing. Sorry. Some more cb's may occur as people cancel their cb's at Nixon.


I should have been more clear. I had a CB last over a week and a half ago. Wondering if anyone has gotten an offer.


You were clear enough - you ask about "offer" status and ask about emailing the recruiter, not your screener. Original replier was just too eager to poop on someone's hopes.