Doc Review

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Doc Review

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Interested in doing doc review while in school. Possible to do before taking the bar? If yes, any tips on how to find such jobs?

mr.hands
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Doc Review

Postby mr.hands » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm

what do you mean you're "interested" in doing doc review?

There are a ton of jobs you can get in law school that pay $10-15 an hour. Be a Research Assistant...

User avatar
ExBiglawAssociate
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Re: Doc Review

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:24 pm

No. Doc reviewers are attorneys who have passed the bar.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Doc Review

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:40 pm

mr.hands wrote:what do you mean you're "interested" in doing doc review?

There are a ton of jobs you can get in law school that pay $10-15 an hour. Be a Research Assistant...


I was under the impression that doc review paid more than %10-15 an hour so I am interested in doing that as opposed to being a research assistant, etc.

-OP

anon168
Posts: 920
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:36 pm

Re: Doc Review

Postby anon168 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interested in doing doc review while in school. Possible to do before taking the bar? If yes, any tips on how to find such jobs?


If go to biglaw, you'll probably spend the next 2-3 years of your lift post-graduation doing doc review.

Why do you want to start early? It's not like you get credit that you can carry over.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Doc Review

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:52 pm

anon168 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interested in doing doc review while in school. Possible to do before taking the bar? If yes, any tips on how to find such jobs?


If go to biglaw, you'll probably spend the next 2-3 years of your lift post-graduation doing doc review.

Why do you want to start early? It's not like you get credit that you can carry over.


I could use the money. Most internships that I have seen pay between $12-18 per hour for about 20 hours a week. Doc review seems like it can pay $20+ per hour and offer 30+ hours per week. (I am an evening student)

-OP

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8445
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Doc Review

Postby thesealocust » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:56 pm

Doc review pays more because it requires licensed attorneys.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Doc Review

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:57 pm

thesealocust wrote:Doc review pays more because it requires licensed attorneys.


Got it. Thanks.

-OP

UnderrateOverachieve
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: Doc Review

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Why are you in such a hurry to do doc review o_o

Anonymous User
Posts: 273265
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Doc Review

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 am

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:Why are you in such a hurry to do doc review o_o


Financial reasons.

-OP

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Doc Review

Postby cinephile » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:04 am

You can get $20 an hour teaching the LSAT. Might be easier on you too. At least it's not boring.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.