Boies Schiller question after callback

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
suoicerp

Boies Schiller question after callback

Postby suoicerp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 am

Hi--I had a callback at Boies Schiller and am curious about how long it takes them to give offers after callback interviews. I'm also curious about the undergrad and 1L GPAs of those who did get offers. Thanks!

smaug_

Re: Boies Schiller question after callback

Postby smaug_ » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:11 am

Although it's not guaranteed, I'd wager that someone who gets a callback from Boies is sitting on offers from other places already. I get the importance of mass mailing, but don't confuse this kind of question for sitting around and doing nothing.

suoicerp

Postby suoicerp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:13 am

To clarify, I'm more concerned with the GPAs of people who got offers than when they ended up hearing.

run26.2

Postby run26.2 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:29 am

suoicerp wrote:Hi--I had a callback at Boies Schiller and am curious about how long it takes them to give offers after callback interviews. I'm also curious about the undergrad and 1L GPAs of those who did get offers. Thanks!

GPAs are going to vary across schools, so this information is not useful. It would be better to ask about class rank. But even then, there are going to be many other variables at play, so class rank is not going to be all that helpful either.

suoicerp

Postby suoicerp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:39 am

I'm really only interested in replies from people who have/have had offers from Boies. Of course GPAs vary, but I figured I would get a good idea if enough people with offers/who have had offers in years past posted (especially whether undergrad GPA seemed to matter). I'm sure they don't give out a lot of offers, so could be a shot in the dark, but I tried.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:46 am

Got an offer as a Top 5% transfer from a T2 to CCN and so did another person I know. Neither of us were on journals.

suoicerp

Postby suoicerp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:Got an offer as a Top 5% transfer from a T2 to CCN and so did another person I know. Neither of us were on journals.

Thank you! Congrats! Were your undergrad GPAs also high? And how long did it take to hear back?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 am

suoicerp wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got an offer as a Top 5% transfer from a T2 to CCN and so did another person I know. Neither of us were on journals.

Thank you! Congrats! Were your undergrad GPAs also high? And how long did it take to hear back?

CB on Wednesday, Offer on Friday. Other person, no idea. They never asked for my undergrad stuff.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:48 pm

suoicerp wrote:

No firms care what your UG GPA is. Are you sure you are in law school? If you are, you should know this by now.

suoicerp

Postby suoicerp » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
suoicerp wrote:

No firms care what your UG GPA is. Are you sure you are in law school? If you are, you should know this by now.

They asked for it on a form I filled out before the interviews. And Cravath asks for your undergrad transcript. But thanks for your input.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
suoicerp wrote:

CB on Wednesday, Offer on Friday. Other person, no idea. They never asked for my undergrad stuff.

which office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
suoicerp wrote:

which office?

DC. This was last year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:09 pm

Anyone hear back from them recently?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone hear back from them recently?

Got offer in Litigation. CCN top 10%. Took them one week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:00 am

which office?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:which office?

NYC.

Return to “Legal Employment”