Talk to me about Wiley Rein

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Talk to me about Wiley Rein

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:36 am

I have an offer from them. I really liked the firm environment and the attorneys I met.

However, I am concerned about two things. The first is their offer rates. Last summer was 100% but in previous years I've seen it dip down to below 90%. Is there a tacful way to brooch this subject with someone in HR? The second is exit options. I'm happy to live in DC for a while, but if I wanted to leave, it seems like with it being basically a DC exclusive firm that my options might be limited, especially since I'm primarily interested in the firm for the regulatory work that it does. But to counter that regionalism, it seems like the firm is generally well-respected.

Anyone have an info on this firm that would help me sort through this? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Talk to me about Wiley Rein

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have an offer from them. I really liked the firm environment and the attorneys I met.

However, I am concerned about two things. The first is their offer rates. Last summer was 100% but in previous years I've seen it dip down to below 90%. Is there a tacful way to brooch this subject with someone in HR? The second is exit options. I'm happy to live in DC for a while, but if I wanted to leave, it seems like with it being basically a DC exclusive firm that my options might be limited, especially since I'm primarily interested in the firm for the regulatory work that it does. But to counter that regionalism, it seems like the firm is generally well-respected.

Anyone have an info on this firm that would help me sort through this? Thanks!

They are pretty open about their not feeling compelled to maintain a 100% offer rate. The partners I talked to have basically said "we make offers most of the time." They did offer their entire crash year class FWIW.

Return to “Legal Employment”