Hotel for Callback?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Hotel for Callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:33 pm

I go to school in NY and have a CB in Boston scheduled to start at 10 am. Is it reasonable to ask for a hotel to stay in the night before?

lukertin

Re: Hotel for Callback

Postby lukertin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:34 pm

You normally get a hotel for morning interviews.

Anonymous User

Re: Hotel for Callback

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:36 pm

lukertin wrote:You normally get a hotel for morning interviews.

Okay, thanks. I have hotels for my other interviews that are 3-4 hours away by flight, but I was wondering what the protocol was for a CB in a city that is relatively close.

lukertin

Re: Hotel for Callback?

Postby lukertin » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:50 pm

Do you think it's unreasonable to ask for a hotel so you don't have to deal with a flight and experiencing rush hour in two different cities just to get to a 2hour callback interview? You're going to be mentally exhausted.

Anonymous User

Re: Hotel for Callback?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:57 pm

I've done the Boston morning callback several times. Just tell the recruiter you are coming from NY and would like information a out travel and accommodations. They usually have a memo prepared and preferred hotels.

Return to “Legal Employment”