Associate Salary + Bonus Info Online?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Associate Salary + Bonus Info Online?

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:34 pm

Is there anywhere to find information on average associate bonuses for a particular firm and/or office? Thanks!

bk1

Re: Associate Salary + Bonus Info Online?

Postby bk1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:40 pm

ATL covers this kind of thing.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:05 pm

Chambers associate and lateral link are good sources. Vault, but usually the paid subscription stuff, can also be good.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what the deal is with Jones Day "salaries"? I know they take market + average local bonus in order to determine associate salaries, but has anyone heard if this formula tends to yield competitive bottom lines? Do Jones Day associates tend to make as much as associates who make a salary + bonus?

Thank you!

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what the deal is with Jones Day "salaries"? I know they take market + average local bonus in order to determine associate salaries, but has anyone heard if this formula tends to yield competitive bottom lines? Do Jones Day associates tend to make as much as associates who make a salary + bonus?

Thank you!

I'd be surprised if they didn't. I know it's kind of a black box compensation scheme, but they're a great firm and have no reason to stiff associates.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:19 pm

thesealocust wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Thanks for the info. Does anyone know what the deal is with Jones Day "salaries"? I know they take market + average local bonus in order to determine associate salaries, but has anyone heard if this formula tends to yield competitive bottom lines? Do Jones Day associates tend to make as much as associates who make a salary + bonus?

Thank you!

I'd be surprised if they didn't. I know it's kind of a black box compensation scheme, but they're a great firm and have no reason to stiff associates.

I summered in one of the major JD offices this past summer. Associates told me they made at least market (since that information is readily available) and some probably made more. Take it with a grain of salt, but it was enough to satisfy me. Worst case scenario is you don't make market and you just jump ship to somewhere else.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
thesealocust wrote:

Thank you!

I summered in one of the major JD offices this past summer. Associates told me they made at least market (since that information is readily available) and some probably made more. Take it with a grain of salt, but it was enough to satisfy me. Worst case scenario is you don't make market and you just jump ship to somewhere else.

I also summered at JD and heard the same. The big difference though is JD doesn't give bonuses from what I have been told but rather they roll the bonus into your salary.

Return to “Legal Employment”