(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Sav

Postby Sav » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:16 pm

I
Last edited by Sav on Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blackhawkfan

Re: Ropes & Gray or Paul Hastings

Postby blackhawkfan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:16 pm

It sounds like you have more than 5 offers open and are asking for advice about them. I am fairly certain this violates NALp rules. Although perhaps I am wrong.

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:21 pm

blackhawkfan wrote:It sounds like you have more than 5 offers open and are asking for advice about them. I am fairly certain this violates NALp rules. Although perhaps I am wrong.

It violates the NALP rules to figure out the best place for you to work so you can turn down your other offers?

blackhawkfan

Postby blackhawkfan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:29 pm

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:
blackhawkfan wrote:It sounds like you have more than 5 offers open and are asking for advice about them. I am fairly certain this violates NALp rules. Although perhaps I am wrong.

It violates the NALP rules to figure out the best place for you to work so you can turn down your other offers?

Sorry, I was wrong. Each offer over five has to be declined within a week of the offer. I apologize. I thought it was probably immediately or some such thing. So disregard my stupid comment.
Last edited by blackhawkfan on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hephaestus

Postby hephaestus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:29 pm

I think you're not supposed to keep more than 5 offers open.

Tiago Splitter

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:15 am

ImNoScar wrote:

I think you're not supposed to keep more than 5 offers open.

You get one week after receiving offer number six to get it back to five.

Return to “Legal Employment”