Follow up after interview for full-time position?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow up after interview for full-time position?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:45 pm

Had an interview for a full-time position a few weeks ago (not OCI-related) that seemed to go well. The hiring manager told me "hopefully you'll here back from us shortly." After a little over three weeks I left a voicemail with the hiring manager expressing my continued interest and asking if there had been any discussion internally regarding my interview. It's been about a week since then and no response.

My question is, if/when should follow up again? I just found out the hiring manager went out of office the week after my interview for two weeks. So my guess is that they are probably swamped with OCI and I have been pushed way to the back burner until that is over. I figure giving it another two weeks and then following up again would be a good idea.

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, I have business cards from each of the interviewing partners that are in the group I would be working in. Bad form to get in touch with them to see if they could tell me what is going on?

anonymous2012

Re: Follow up after interview for full-time position?

Postby anonymous2012 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:26 pm

They know you're interested. Let it play out. No sense in annoying anyone. I'd wait longer or, if you must ask, call recruiting and ask them if you're still being considered.

And yes. I would refrain from contacting other attorneys unless you receive an offer and they specifically say ou can contact them. These are busy attorneys. They presumably delegate the administrative side of this so contact someo e whose time doesn't cost a lot of money.

Return to “Legal Employment”