Western Pennsylvania Law Firms- Offers and Callbacks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Western Pennsylvania Law Firms- Offers and Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 pm

I am looking for information on firms in Western Pennsylvania, especially Pittsburgh. How many people have had callbacks at this point? Any one receive any offers yet?

Anonymous User

Re: Western Pennsylvania Law Firms- Offers and Callbacks

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:51 pm

CBs this upcoming week with K&L Gates and Jones Day (both Pittsburgh). I had my screeners a while back and this was the earliest they wanted to schedule me, so I think they're just starting CBs after Labor Day.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:19 am

I had CBs with Jones Day and Reed Smith almost 3 weeks ago now. I'm at a T14 but was back home for a few weeks so they fit me in. No dings or offers though, so it seems like they wait to finish with CBs rather than doing it on a rolling basis.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:27 am

Offers from both Jones Day and Reed Smith. Accepted Reed Smith.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Offers from both Jones Day and Reed Smith. Accepted Reed Smith.

Also, why not just say Pittsburgh in the title lol.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Offers from both Jones Day and Reed Smith. Accepted Reed Smith.

Don't forget about Erie!!!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:18 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Don't forget about Erie!!!

In this legal market I think a lot of people would be happy to get a job anywhere, even if it is Erie.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:47 pm

How long was CB -> offer for these firms? Also has anyone been offered at K&L Gates?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

How long was CB -> offer for these firms? Also has anyone been offered at K&L Gates?

Yes offers have been going out on a rolling basis. Seems like they do it very soon after your interview or at least get everyone covered by the end of the week. They're also looking to have a large summer class, back up to around 20 at least.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I got mine the day after for both. Take this with a grain of salt tho. I got both offers in the summer. And i'm kinda like a unicorn. URM with good grades T14 from Pittsburgh who wants to go back to Pittsburgh. Not too many of us out there like that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:13 pm

I second the K&L Gates question - any offers yet?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:41 pm

T14 screener mid august, heard back from Jones Day about 10 days later, CB scheduled next week.

Ding at K and L gates after screener. Still nothing from Reed Smith.

Typical regarding Reed Smith?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yes offers have been going out on a rolling basis. Seems like they do it very soon after your interview or at least get everyone covered by the end of the week. They're also looking to have a large summer class, back up to around 20 at least.

Sorry people seem to be confused - I am OP of this and it is for K&L Pgh.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:53 pm

I had my call back at Reed Smith, but am still waiting to here back at this point. I also have a screener at K&L coming up, but do not know what to make of it so late in the process.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:16 am

Anonymous User wrote:I also have a screener at K&L coming up, but do not know what to make of it so late in the process.

Same and not sure what to make of it either. I am hoping they still need to fill the class and are looking for more candidates other than the ones they have interviewed.

battle_tested

Postby battle_tested » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I got mine the day after for both. Take this with a grain of salt tho. I got both offers in the summer. And i'm kinda like a unicorn. URM with good grades T14 from Pittsburgh who wants to go back to Pittsburgh. Not too many of us out there like that.

Chill bro. There's more ppl that fit this description than you think.

battle_tested

Postby battle_tested » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:T14 screener mid august, heard back from Jones Day about 10 days later, CB scheduled next week.

You're probably on the "waitlist" at Reed Smith. JD, RS, and K&L are known to give offers within a day or two of a screener if they really want you. If it takes longer, it means they have extended offers to others and they're waiting to hear back from those people before they extend you an offer (if the ppl in front of you decline) or ding (if they accept the offer).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I also have a screener at K&L coming up, but do not know what to make of it so late in the process.

Same and not sure what to make of it either. I am hoping they still need to fill the class and are looking for more candidates other than the ones they have interviewed.

They are. Not to out myself too much, but I had a chat w/ the recruiter about this at my CB - managing partner is asking for a higher class size than they were expecting and OCIs are mostly over, so they're looking to fill through resume drops and the like.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

They are. Not to out myself too much, but I had a chat w/ the recruiter about this at my CB - managing partner is asking for a higher class size than they were expecting and OCIs are mostly over, so they're looking to fill through resume drops and the like.

That is good news. Any idea how large a class they are trying to bring in? Additionally, for those doing late screeners are you going into their office or doing it virtually?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:45 pm

I would like to know about the class size as well.

I'm virtual. Wonder how many screeners they're doing? Dozens I'm sure.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 pm

battle_tested wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:T14 screener mid august, heard back from Jones Day about 10 days later, CB scheduled next week.

You're probably on the "waitlist" at Reed Smith. JD, RS, and K&L are known to give offers within a day or two of a screener if they really want you. If it takes longer, it means they have extended offers to others and they're waiting to hear back from those people before they extend you an offer (if the ppl in front of you decline) or ding (if they accept the offer).

Im the T14 anon from above. I already had what I call screeners for these firms at OCI... and am coming back to JD for what I call a callback interview. Did a lot of you on the thread successfully mass mail and are get brought in for screeners? Reed Smith probably wouldnt offer after an OCI screener, right? That being said, I did presume I was on some sort of waitlist.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
battle_tested wrote:

Im the T14 anon from above. I already had what I call screeners for these firms at OCI... and am coming back to JD for what I call a callback interview. Did a lot of you on the thread successfully mass mail and are get brought in for screeners? Reed Smith probably wouldnt offer after an OCI screener, right? That being said, I did presume I was on some sort of waitlist.

I got a JD callback from mass mailing. Got a K&L screener from it as well which I successfully converted into a callback.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:03 pm

If you don't mind sharing, how long ago was your screener and how long after that did you find out about CB?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:If you don't mind sharing, how long ago was your screener and how long after that did you find out about CB?

One week turnaround, first week of August.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Has anyone heard back from Babst Calland?

Return to “Legal Employment”