advice

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

advice

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:22 pm

So I finished my last screener on Monday and so far I've received one rejection and crickets.

A week ago I had what I consider to be my best screener (casual conversation, common interests), and that screener told me that if I hear anything from any other firms to contact him and his firm will accelerate the process (which I took to mean CB/offer). Obviously, I haven't heard much and what I have heard is not positive. Should I reach out to this screener? I don't want to be disingenuous but I also don't want to be out of a job.

Am I prematurely freaking out?

Also, if I should reach out to this screener, how should I go about doing it?

Thanks.

arizonairish

Re: advice

Postby arizonairish » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:26 pm

When I did OCI I had an offer that required accelerating the process on my targeting firm. When I mentioned "I have an outstanding offer from another firm" they straight up asked "What firm?" So be prepared for that.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:40 pm

arizonairish wrote:When I did OCI I had an offer that required accelerating the process on my targeting firm. When I mentioned "I have an outstanding offer from another firm" they straight up asked "What firm?" So be prepared for that.

+1 on attorneys straight up asking you what other firm? They are not shy about that, they will almost certainly ask it.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:43 pm

and how does one respond to this?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:52 pm

OP here.

My bad if I implied I would say I have an offer when I don't, definitely don't intend to do that.

I meant more along the lines of reaching out to the screener with a: "Yo, starting to hear back from some firms, what's up with you guys?"

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Bump.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
arizonairish wrote:When I did OCI I had an offer that required accelerating the process on my targeting firm. When I mentioned "I have an outstanding offer from another firm" they straight up asked "What firm?" So be prepared for that.

+1 on attorneys straight up asking you what other firm? They are not shy about that, they will almost certainly ask it.

Not OP, but curious as to how to answer these types of questions seeing as I had an interviewer ask me specifically for all the other firms I was doing callbacks with (location of the office and everything) on a CB interview the other day.

Return to “Legal Employment”