Skadden LA Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Skadden LA

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Anyone know anything about this office? I.e. work/life balance, exit options, substance of work assignments?

Anonymous User

Re: Skadden LA

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 pm

Bump. Not OP, but interested in this as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:26 am

I have heard completely mixed reviews on both ends of the spectrum. Some say that it is a complete sweat shop, others say that it is a really laid back in some practice groups. Would love some confirmation.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:20 am

Like most firms and offices, it depends entirely on the practice group. In many cases, it depends on the partner with whom you work.

They have a great lit shop in that office, filled with a bunch of former AUSA's and some of America's absolute best trial lawyers (Marmaro, Nolan). White collar, deal litigation, general commercial lit... they are all exceptionally strong in this office. They allow for a lot of pro bono time as well.

Can't speak to the corporate side of things. I just know they have huge clients. But I would not exactly be breaking new ground by saying that Skadden has big clients.

Definitely was a sweatshop for some folks (again, depends on partner you work with. But pay attnetion during your summer and figure out who to avoid). But the large majority of attorneys were out the door by 6pm every night. Sure, they likely logged on when they got home, but I think it says something that, on nights and weekends, the place was virtually empty.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”