DLA Piper

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

DLA Piper

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:05 pm

Yes, I enjoyed my CB. Now that that's out of the way: is there anyone here who works at or summered at DLA and can give me some info on them? 2013 offer rate? Pay? Work/life? Culture?

Anonymous User

Re: DLA Piper

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Enjoy DLA Piper.

nealric

Postby nealric » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:27 pm

Some day, all Biglaw will consist of Baker McKenzie, DLA Piper, and Jones Day. It will be just like accounting firms. Might as well get ahead of the trend.

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Yes, I enjoyed my CB. Now that that's out of the way: is there anyone here who works at or summered at DLA and can give me some info on them? 2013 offer rate? Pay? Work/life? Culture?

Basically an unanswerable Q w out specifying the office

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 pm

rad lulz wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Yes, I enjoyed my CB. Now that that's out of the way: is there anyone here who works at or summered at DLA and can give me some info on them? 2013 offer rate? Pay? Work/life? Culture?

Basically an unanswerable Q w out specifying the office

SF or SV.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:12 pm

I worked in the office this past summer. It was great -- 100% offers as far as I know (including 1L's), but to be fair, I haven't checked in with everyone. I thought the office culture + people were great. Pay is market.

I think the work load is typical of Bay Area firms -- lots of it, but little to no face time requirement and respect for personal time. Since the summer programs are small, you will get a lot of partner attention if you want it. This is also because there is so little leverage (actually, there may be more partners than associates). My sense was that all departments are pretty busy, but especially so in corporate, patent lit, and international tax. The international tax group is far and away the strongest in the valley. The best thing about the corporate work, I think, is that the firm has a true start up practice (a la Gunderson/Cooley) but also a late stage company practice (a la Latham). On their own, neither practice is the best in the valley, but having both in the same place is somewhat unique.

echooo23

Postby echooo23 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:14 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I worked in the office this past summer. It was great -- 100% offers as far as I know (including 1L's), but to be fair, I haven't checked in with everyone. I thought the office culture + people were great. Pay is market.

I think the work load is typical of Bay Area firms -- lots of it, but little to no face time requirement and respect for personal time. Since the summer programs are small, you will get a lot of partner attention if you want it. This is also because there is so little leverage (actually, there may be more partners than associates). My sense was that all departments are pretty busy, but especially so in corporate, patent lit, and international tax. The international tax group is far and away the strongest in the valley. The best thing about the corporate work, I think, is that the firm has a true start up practice (a la Gunderson/Cooley) but also a late stage company practice (a la Latham). On their own, neither practice is the best in the valley, but having both in the same place is somewhat unique.

Can you PM me? Thanks.

brotherdarkness

Postby brotherdarkness » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:55 pm

Last edited by brotherdarkness on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mushybrain

Postby mushybrain » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:23 am

Also meeting with DLA SF and would appreciate a PM from the anon above who summered there if you don't mind. Thanks.

Return to “Legal Employment”