Sullcrom CB --> Offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sullcrom CB --> Offer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:45 pm

I know that there have been various threads on this in the past, and that the standard view is that SullCrom offers on the spot, but has anyone done a CB with them this season and got an offer by phone?

Obviously, I did a CB and didn't get an offer on the spot. Trying to figure out the likelihood I was dinged.

Anonymous User

Re: Sullcrom CB --> Offer

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:30 pm

It is standard for offers to be done on the spot. However, it does occasionally happen that people will get phone calls the same day. Don't know if that has happened this year. Did happen last year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It is standard for offers to be done on the spot. However, it does occasionally happen that people will get phone calls the same day. Don't know if that has happened this year. Did happen last year.

Thanks. It's too late for a same day offer at this point, but having now thoroughly googled past threads on TLS, I see that in past years they sometimes made offers the day after, and there are a least a couple of reports of offers after a longer wait (1 report of an offer 2 days later; 1 report of an offer after a week).

But there's no one here who got an offer by phone this year? Has anyone been rejected post-CB this year?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Not to burst your bubble, but I think things are dire and I can speak from personal experience. I interview in NYC on Tuesday. I was told that "not all the evaluations were in yet, but we will get you a decision by the end of today or tomorrow at the latest." Its now Thursday. I thought I read somewhere that they send rejections via snail mail so could explain why I haven't gotten a ding yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but I think things are dire and I can speak from personal experience. I interview in NYC on Tuesday. I was told that "not all the evaluations were in yet, but we will get you a decision by the end of today or tomorrow at the latest." Its now Thursday. I thought I read somewhere that they send rejections via snail mail so could explain why I haven't gotten a ding yet.

OP again. I don't have much of a bubble to burst.

Let me know when you hear something, and I'll do the same.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 am

I am in the same boat. Had good CB on Monday... Still no word. I had a friend who got an offer 48 hours after CB but 4 days...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 pm

are you guys at schools that usually have good CB to offer stats at S&C?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:53 pm

Yes. Like 100%.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are you guys at schools that usually have good CB to offer stats at S&C?

either :shock: bad year or a call is still forthcoming!
edit-hoping for the latter!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Anonymous User wrote:are you guys at schools that usually have good CB to offer stats at S&C?

OP again. In the past two years, only one person at my school has been dinged post-CB from S&C.

My interviews went well, as far as I can tell. I've got offers at places where I felt they went worse. I'm also confident my grades weren't the problem. My best guess is that what caused the problem in my case was that, when the hiring partner asked me "what are you looking for in a firm?" my answer was really weak, a bit incoherent, and probably came across as insincere - by far my worst answer of the day. For some reason, I made the answer all about exit options, then realized that was a bad idea halfway through it, and tried to back track. The weird thing is that S&C was (and is) my number one choice, and I really don't care all that much about exit options (I'm sure they're great, but I'm not picking a firm for the exit options).

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Has anyone who didn't get an on-the-spot offer last week heard back this week yet, either way?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:39 am

Bump. Has anyone not offered on the spot heard back recently?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:30 am

Not sure where you guys go to school, but Sullcrom's MO is to give same day offers. They try to only callback people who they would give an offer to.

Since SLS and UChicago callbacks would be this past week and next week they may be turning down people from other schools who (should/could) have scheduled CBs earlier to make room for these kids.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Got dinged today, by mail. CB was about two weeks ago. They only rejected one person post-CB at my school last year, so I guess I'm that person this year.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got dinged today, by mail. CB was about two weeks ago. They only rejected one person post-CB at my school last year, so I guess I'm that person this year.

Congrats. I interviewed with Sullcrom a few weeks ago and absolutely hated it. Declined my offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Got dinged today, by mail. CB was about two weeks ago. They only rejected one person post-CB at my school last year, so I guess I'm that person this year.

Congrats. I interviewed with Sullcrom a few weeks ago and absolutely hated it. Declined my offer.

LOL - thanks. I actually enjoyed my visit, but the recruiting person made it clear he thought I'd got unusually nice people.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:11 am

Interview Monday, 9/9, and nothing yet. Thought it went fairly well, and even had some people connected to the firm actively putting in the good word for me. A bit anxious, as S&C is choice #1 for me, and my first offer expires early next week.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:Interview Monday, 9/9, and nothing yet. Thought it went fairly well, and even had some people connected to the firm actively putting in the good word for me. A bit anxious, as S&C is choice #1 for me, and my first offer expires early next week.

Also interviewed 9/9, offer on the spot. Good luck to you!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interview Monday, 9/9, and nothing yet. Thought it went fairly well, and even had some people connected to the firm actively putting in the good word for me. A bit anxious, as S&C is choice #1 for me, and my first offer expires early next week.

Also interviewed 9/9, offer on the spot. Good luck to you!

Also interviewed on Monday, 9/9. Offered during my last interview with the hiring partner.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:It is standard for offers to be done on the spot. However, it does occasionally happen that people will get phone calls the same day. Don't know if that has happened this year. Did happen last year.

Is this also true for their DC office or mainly New York?

Return to “Legal Employment”