Where do law review people end up working? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Where do law review people end up working?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:11 am

Do law review people at HYSCCN mostly end up at the usual firms (e.g. W&C, CSM, S&C, WLRK, Covington, A&P, etc.)?

Anonymous User

Re: Where do law review people end up working?

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:15 am

Yes.

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:18 am

Depends on their grades.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:38 am

Just found out, of people on the law review of at one of HYSCCN, the most well represented firms were W&C/S&C/Quinn/Debevoise, followed by WilmerHale/DoJ, followed by Davis Polk, followed by a few others. This is just one year though.

Gold

Post by 84651846190 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just found out, of people on the law review of at one of HYSCCN, the most well represented firms were W&C/S&C/Quinn/Debevoise, followed by WilmerHale/DoJ, followed by Davis Polk, followed by a few others. This is just one year though.
bizarre Quinn trolling

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:53 am

Anonymous User wrote:Do law review people at HYSCCN mostly end up at the usual firms (e.g. W&C, CSM, S&C, WLRK, Covington, A&P, etc.)?
I am on LR at one of the schools above and will most likely end up at one of: CSM, S&C, or DPW. FWIW, dinged after screener from WLRK and Covington DC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:07 pm

Post sort of assumes New York. I'm LR at CCN and hoping for Munger or Irell.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:36 pm

HLS 2013 grad. I put together a list of where the HLR people in my class were working once but am not sure where it's gone. I do remember that CSM, S&C, GDC, W&C, Wilmer, Munger, Boies, and Irell were especially popular with people on LR, and that Skadden, Weil, STB, K&E, and a few other large firms got almost no one from our class (I think one person between the named four firms).

DC was by far the most popular market, and I'm pretty sure it had a plurality (if not an outright majority) of the HLR members.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:HLS 2013 grad. I put together a list of where the HLR people in my class were working once but am not sure where it's gone. I do remember that CSM, S&C, GDC, W&C, Wilmer, Munger, Boies, and Irell were especially popular with people on LR, and that Skadden, Weil, STB, K&E, and a few other large firms got almost no one from our class (I think one person between the named four firms).

DC was by far the most popular market, and I'm pretty sure it had a plurality (if not an outright majority) of the HLR members.
Is it really that common for people to go to almost only 2 markets? I dont understand how this list doesnt include the top firms in other cities.. Kirkland/Sidley in Chicago, Baker Botts/V&E for Houston, Ropes for Boston, (I guess GDC, Irell and Munger cover CA), Maybe a top Atlanta firm, etc.

Do most people just head to NYC/DC for a couple years even if their plan is to end up elsewhere?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dixiecupdrinking

Gold

Post by dixiecupdrinking » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:02 am

It totally depends. Lots clerk, lots go to selective firms, lots do fellowships or go straight into government or public interest. If anything, I'd say students on law review have more varied career paths than people more toward the middle of the class at those schools, who overwhelmingly go to your generic biglaw job.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:06 am

Good number of NYU LR kids ended up working at CSM, PW, Cleary, DPW and Skadden in NY

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”