Follow-up email from firm?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Follow-up email from firm?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:02 pm

So, I went on a CB with a firm last week and received an offer the next day. I know I have 28 days to make a decision, and, because I have callbacks scheduled up to three weeks after that initial CB, I intend to take that long.

However, I received a follow-up email from the firm that I received an offer from, asking if I'd be interested in getting in touch with more attorneys or coming back in to see the firm a second time. Would it be ruder to not respond to that email, or to let them know that I have more callbacks lined up and I'm not planning on making a decision until I've visited some other firms?

thesealocust

Re: Follow-up email from firm?

Postby thesealocust » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:03 pm

Doesn't matter.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:26 pm

thesealocust wrote:Doesn't matter.

I mean, not even necessarily in terms of getting the job, just in terms of general etiquette.

Danger Zone

Postby Danger Zone » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 pm

thesealocust wrote:Doesn't matter.

NYstate

Postby NYstate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 pm

If you want to respond tell them that right now you aren't sure what your availability is and that if you have any questions you will be in touch. And thank them.

I would respond just because I like to reply when asked a question. But you don't have to mention other callbacks

champ33

Postby champ33 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:40 pm

I would definitely answer them... either to say that you would like to take them up on that offer (if you think a second meeting would be helpful in any way) or just to explain that you are very excited about the offer but have more interviews scheduled and would like to check out other firms, like you said.

Return to “Legal Employment”