Question about waiting post CB Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Question about waiting post CB

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 pm

I had a callback with a V50 firm in one of the major markets. This was two weeks ago. It went amazing! They told me that I was the first person they have brought in for callbacks so far and therefore it might take awhile. Just called to follow up and they said it will still be another 2-3 weeks till they make any decisions.

WTF! Is this normal? The stress is killing me, I would just like to know already. Everyone I know has a handful of offers and most were given out the day of or next day of a CB. This will be almost a month after my CB and like 6 weeks after OCI.

Advice? This would probably be my top choice of firms. Anyway I can speed them up?

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Question about waiting post CB

Post by rad lulz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I had a callback with a V50 firm in one of the major markets. This was two weeks ago. It went amazing! They told me that I was the first person they have brought in for callbacks so far and therefore it might take awhile. Just called to follow up and they said it will still be another 2-3 weeks till they make any decisions.

WTF! Is this normal? The stress is killing me, I would just like to know already. Everyone I know has a handful of offers and most were given out the day of or next day of a CB. This will be almost a month after my CB and like 6 weeks after OCI.

Advice? This would probably be my top choice of firms. Anyway I can speed them up?
Just wait

If you got another offer you could immediately email, say they're you're first choice, and force a decision

But they may just ding you

And yes this is not abnormal, especially when the class is not large

TooOld4This

Silver

Re: Question about waiting post CB

Post by TooOld4This » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:04 pm

If your stress is from no other options, try to refocus your attention on hustling for other jobs and networking for jobs that have later hiring cycles (it is much easier to network off cycle).

What you are describing is not abnormal, and is typical for smaller summer programs. Good luck!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”