2014 Government Honors Programs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:36 am

Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.

DOL conducted interviews a few weeks ago. They told me they're hoping to make offers by Christmas, but it may not happen until January. NLRB is currently interviewing and plans to make offers in January. I haven't heard anything from USACE yet.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 am

any word from HUD for anyone this week?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Anyone has heard anything from FCC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:48 am

Anonymous User wrote:Apparently the CFPB has already contacted people about callbacks, so if you had a screener and haven't heard its probably bad news. I found this out because I got another offer so emailed to follow up since I also hadn't heard anything after my screener.

:cry:

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:any word from HUD for anyone this week?

I have not heard back from my HUD interview... I interviewed for the San Francisco location.

Anyone heard anything? Suspense is killing me.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.

DOL conducted interviews a few weeks ago. They told me they're hoping to make offers by Christmas, but it may not happen until January. NLRB is currently interviewing and plans to make offers in January. I haven't heard anything from USACE yet.

Probably a good chance if you haven't interviewed with DOL by now you'll be dinged? Applied online near deadline.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I have not heard back from my HUD interview... I interviewed for the San Francisco location.

I haven't heard anything either. I interviewed in Boston. My interviewers told me mid-December. Waiting is awful.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I haven't heard anything either. I interviewed in Boston. My interviewers told me mid-December. Waiting is awful.

Yea, I was told the same thing. Was anyone told that their references have been called by HUD for regional locations and not DC?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yea, I was told the same thing. Was anyone told that their references have been called by HUD for regional locations and not DC?

I interviewed for a regional office, and my references were contacted the week after my interview.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:11 pm

Does DOL follow-up and request references if you are still in the running? Had interview a couple weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:Does DOL follow-up and request references if you are still in the running? Had interview a couple weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

I interviewed with DOL through my school's OCI in September, and in mid November, I was called to provide additional information, but no follow up since then.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Does DOL follow-up and request references if you are still in the running? Had interview a couple weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

I interviewed with DOL through my school's OCI in September, and in mid November, I was called to provide additional information, but no follow up since then.

Additional information meaning references (for example), or just meaning the information that was required for people who went through the online application? (Thanks for the info!)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

I think it was just for a writing sample, which I think online applicants were already required to submit. I did get a sense that some cuts have already been made, at least for people who interviewed through oci, because some other people I know were not contacted.

I had a friend who straight up asked about her status and was told she was not selected. So, if you want an update about your status, I think they will share that info with you.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:47 am

You're right. Deleted. Thanks.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been offered House of Rep. Legislative Counsel summer positions or heard anything more about a timeline?

Is that considered an honors program? I think most of us on here are talking about post-graduation positions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Has anyone been offered House of Rep. Legislative Counsel summer positions or heard anything more about a timeline?

Is that considered an honors program? I think most of us on here are talking about post-graduation positions.

It's not labelled "honors," but yes they do have a traditional post-grad hiring program.

I'm in the running for a post-grad position and was told that they'll be letting people know this week or next.

gogogogo

Postby gogogogo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Just got an reject email from FCC

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

It's not labelled "honors," but yes they do have a traditional post-grad hiring program.

I'm in the running for a post-grad position and was told that they'll be letting people know this week or next.

You just made my day. I was so afraid they had already made offers for post-grad positions.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:11 pm

gogogogo wrote:Just got an reject email from FCC

I am sorry but I am sure something will come along. I did have a question, did you have a first interview or was this a rejection without an interview?

gogogogo

Postby gogogogo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Interviewed through OCI top 50, in top 20%, work full time for a fed court, journal

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:

I am sorry but I am sure something will come along. I did have a question, did you have a first interview or was this a rejection without an interview?

If you applied online, I doubt we'll here anytime soon. I think they moved the deadline to Dec. 6

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

If you applied online, I doubt we'll here anytime soon. I think they moved the deadline to Dec. 6

Yes I saw that in the FCC's release in November. I interviewed way back in August and I was wondering if they have started to do any callbacks yet. I know it is early but the waiting is excruciating sometimes. My question to the poster was if he/she had interviewed or was rejected simply on the application. I was trying to get a better idea.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:13 pm

Also dinged by FCC today. I had a screener in August through my school's OCI.

ETA: To the poster above, hope this means you are still in the running!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Also dinged by FCC today. I had a screener in August through my school's OCI.

ETA: To the poster above, hope this means you are still in the running!

thank you, I hope so too, but I always thought they did the call backs before the rejections...still have my hopes up :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:04 am

Also waiting on FCC. I have not received a rejection or a CB invitation. Screener in August, sent application in September.

Return to “Legal Employment”