2014 Government Honors Programs

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:18 am

Anonymous User wrote:I take it no one heard from the CFPB last week?


No word from CFPB for me.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Has anyone heard from the OCC post callback?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:13 pm

Anyone heard from DOT? In my second round they said they expected to make a decision by Thanksgiving.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard from DOT? In my second round they said they expected to make a decision by Thanksgiving.


Not yet, but I'm on the same boat here. But I didn't receive a call requesting a list of references so I'm not sure if that means its a ding for me (since one of the previous post indicated that one of the candidates received such a call)... hrmmm

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I take it no one heard from the CFPB last week?


No word from CFPB for me.


Anyone hear about CFPB THIS week? I'm still waiting . . .

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Is there anyone out there with a DOT offer that can put the rest of us out of our misery?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Is there anyone out there with a DOT offer that can put the rest of us out of our misery?


I know a friend who heard mid-day.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:27 am

Also can confirm that.

gogogogo
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:17 pm

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby gogogogo » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:20 pm

I just got a call from IRS honors to schedule an interview. I applied online they did not do OCI at my school.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am

Did not get a call from the DOT, which I guess means I have been rejected. Any idea how the official "no" is delivered?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:34 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I take it no one heard from the CFPB last week?


No word from CFPB for me.


Anyone hear about CFPB THIS week? I'm still waiting . . .


I haven't either. I'm really wondering when they plan to schedule the call-backs.. I assume we're all taking exams right now :/

tgwwtkwtgn
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:40 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby tgwwtkwtgn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Anybody hear anything from the OCC?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:20 pm

Anyone heard back from HUD or the FTC? My interviewer at HUD said they were making decisions this week.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone heard back from HUD or the FTC? My interviewer at HUD said they were making decisions this week.


How sure did the HUD person seem about that? My interviewers seemed unsure and it seems like people got different answers about when they would make offers. Not doubting you or anything - it would be exciting if it was this week!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:55 pm

He seemed pretty sure. He explained it in pretty good detail. This was in the NY office.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Have HUD called anyones reference yet? (Besides the person who already said so)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Have HUD called anyones reference yet? (Besides the person who already said so)


Yeah, they called mine the Friday after I interviewed on a Tuesday (so like three days after my interview).

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:33 am

CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:40 am

Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.

Army corp of engineers is still calling and interviewing for the class of 2013 as of a week or two ago so I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. NLRB won't be done until the spring if it's anything like the past few years.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:55 am

Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.



Sorry, has any one heard any news as to CFPB call backs? Had a screener a few weeks back. DOL is done with interviews, I believe.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.



Sorry, has any one heard any news as to CFPB call backs? Had a screener a few weeks back. DOL is done with interviews, I believe.


Still nothing from the CFPB after my screener.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.



Sorry, has any one heard any news as to CFPB call backs? Had a screener a few weeks back. DOL is done with interviews, I believe.


Still nothing from the CFPB after my screener.


What is this screener for CFPB? Was it on-campus? Was it typical 20 minute screener fare?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:19 pm

As far as govt jobs go, what are the perks of CFPB as compared to other govt jobs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.



Sorry, has any one heard any news as to CFPB call backs? Had a screener a few weeks back. DOL is done with interviews, I believe.


Still nothing from the CFPB after my screener.


What is this screener for CFPB? Was it on-campus? Was it typical 20 minute screener fare?


Not on-campus, phone.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2014 Government Honors Programs

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:CFPB rejected me awhile back. so, unless you got an interview, you should have been rejected by now. any word from places like army corps of engineers or NLRB? or DOL? the radio silence is just so sad.



Sorry, has any one heard any news as to CFPB call backs? Had a screener a few weeks back. DOL is done with interviews, I believe.


Still nothing from the CFPB after my screener.



Apparently the CFPB has already contacted people about callbacks, so if you had a screener and haven't heard its probably bad news. I found this out because I got another offer so emailed to follow up since I also hadn't heard anything after my screener.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.