Contact post-cb

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Contact post-cb

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:46 pm

I am curious to know everyone's opinion of communication with a firm post-cb, pre-offer/ding.

For example: I was given the name of another attorney who is practicing in a specific area of interest for me. Should I wait to hear a response before contacting this person?

Example #2: I will be in the city again for a non-employment related event. Do I ask if they need to see me again or if I can meet someone else?

General thoughts on this awkward time period?

BostonLove

Re: Contact post-cb

Postby BostonLove » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I am curious to know everyone's opinion of communication with a firm post-cb, pre-offer/ding.

For example: I was given the name of another attorney who is practicing in a specific area of interest for me. Should I wait to hear a response before contacting this person?

Example #2: I will be in the city again for a non-employment related event. Do I ask if they need to see me again or if I can meet someone else?

General thoughts on this awkward time period?

If they gave you the name of the attorney to follow up with, I'd say follow up and try to meet him/her while you are in the city again. I wouldn't ask if they need to see you again - that seems awkward to me.

Return to “Legal Employment”