Firm invites you to reception after CB - typical? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Firm invites you to reception after CB - typical?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:37 pm

A V100 firm I did a callback with invited me to a reception the firm is hosting in a few weeks in another city, saying that they hope I can make it. The email was addressed directly to me, and it is relevant to my interests. It requires an RSVP . . . wouldn't that be awkward if I make plans to go, and they reject me . . . ?

3|ink

Platinum

Re: Firm invites you to reception after CB - typical?

Post by 3|ink » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:56 pm

What a weirdo firm.

BostonLove

New

Re: Firm invites you to reception after CB - typical?

Post by BostonLove » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:A V100 firm I did a callback with invited me to a reception the firm is hosting in a few weeks in another city, saying that they hope I can make it. The email was addressed directly to me, and it is relevant to my interests. It requires an RSVP . . . wouldn't that be awkward if I make plans to go, and they reject me . . . ?
I'd say RSVP. It at least shows continuing interest in the firm. If they reject you first, that would be strange planning for them. I think it would be acceptable if they reject you first to change your RSVP if you think it will be awkward and/or not worth your time.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”