Second Callback with the Same Firm??

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Second Callback with the Same Firm??

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:47 am

So I had a callback on Friday that went pretty well I thought. I got an email today from the recruiting manager asking if I could come in again tomorrow to meet with the hiring partner since he was out of the office on Friday. I'm obviously going back to the office to meet with the hiring partner but my gut tells me they wouldn't be having me back unless they were seriously interested?

reasonable_man

Re: Second Callback with the Same Firm??

Postby reasonable_man » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:So I had a callback on Friday that went pretty well I thought. I got an email today from the recruiting manager asking if I could come in again tomorrow to meet with the hiring partner since he was out of the office on Friday. I'm obviously going back to the office to meet with the hiring partner but my gut tells me they wouldn't be having me back unless they were seriously interested?

What size firm?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:So I had a callback on Friday that went pretty well I thought. I got an email today from the recruiting manager asking if I could come in again tomorrow to meet with the hiring partner since he was out of the office on Friday. I'm obviously going back to the office to meet with the hiring partner but my gut tells me they wouldn't be having me back unless they were seriously interested?

Is this a NY or DC office? and what vault range?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:28 pm

reasonable_man wrote:

What size firm?

V100 firm. LA Market probably 70 attorneys in this particular office.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
reasonable_man wrote:

What size firm?

V100 firm. LA Market probably 70 attorneys in this particular office.

Considering how much that partner bills, and therefore won't be earning while meeting with you, why would they invite you back if they already decided against you?

thegrayman

Postby thegrayman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Maybe they're on the fence with you? A straight up offer after a cb is obviously best outcome but I think this is a good sign. If you were totally out of the running they wouldn't bother bringing you back again.

jarofsoup

Postby jarofsoup » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:41 pm

They would not invite you back if they were going to reject you. Wow the hiring partner and get an offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:21 pm

This just happened to me for a V50 firm in DC. Very strange but the recruitment manager said they wanted me to meet more attorneys in the practice group I am interested in. My guess is on the fence as well.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 pm

This is almost definitely an offer. Especially if you are a candidate that is usually "out of their range," they will basically pull all the stops to woo u.

Postby 20160810 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:47 am

This exact same thing happened to me as a 2L. Upon completion of the second CB, I got an offer on the spot. gL.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:02 pm

OP here. I did not receive an offer the other day when I went back for another round of interview(s). The hiring partner was very nice and the first thing he said when he came in was that they wouldn't be extending an offer today so I know I didn't "blow it". Anyway, the gist of it was they have a very small summer class for such a large firm and the hiring partner wanted to personally meet all of the candidates before the committee made a decision.

Amity

Postby Amity » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. I did not receive an offer the other day when I went back for another round of interview(s). The hiring partner was very nice and the first thing he said when he came in was that they wouldn't be extending an offer today so I know I didn't "blow it". Anyway, the gist of it was they have a very small summer class for such a large firm and the hiring partner wanted to personally meet all of the candidates before the committee made a decision.

Not optimal but you're still in the game. Good Luck.

Return to “Legal Employment”