Interested in Multiple Offices

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Interested in Multiple Offices

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:28 am

I interviewed with a Texas firm during OCI and expressed a preference for two offices. I received a callback from one office last week but have heard nothing from the other. How does hiring generally work in these situations? Given that I interviewed 10 days ago, is it safe to say that I got dinged by the second office? Will I even get a ding letter from that office after having gotten a callback at the first?

Anonymous User

Re: Interested in Multiple Offices

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:34 am

Anecdotal. Interviewed with 2 offices of Texas firm. Was asked preferences in second interview. CB from top pick silence from other. No offer or ding yet but I am optimistic. Felt like I crushed the CB.

prezidentv8

Postby prezidentv8 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:43 am

I read the title of your thread wrong.

Did not think this was an appropriate topic for the legal employment forum AT ALL.

Read it again.

Was disappoint.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anecdotal. Interviewed with 2 offices of Texas firm. Was asked preferences in second interview. CB from top pick silence from other. No offer or ding yet but I am optimistic. Felt like I crushed the CB.

OP again. This is basically what happened to me for one TX firm.

But for a different firm, I just got a CB at my second choice office, so I'm wondering if I should be expecting a ding for my first choice office. It's just weird because my first choice office is located in the city where I grew up (also where my resume indicates I have ties) and has substantially more SA positions.

Return to “Legal Employment”