Leverage SA offer

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Leverage SA offer

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:05 pm

fortunate to get an offer at a firm in a secondary market. interested in a larger market where i'm waiting to hear after a CB. how close to the 28 day deadline should I tell the large market firm I have an offer? Would doing so but saying I would prefer an offer from them be unwise?

bdubs

Re: Leverage SA offer

Postby bdubs » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:21 am

Yes to both. It's a good idea to let them know about the offer and to state a preference for their firm.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:56 am

How soon should I let them know? Immediately? It's been a little less than a week since my call back with the larger firm.

Amity

Postby Amity » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:24 am

That happened to me during my rising 2L year. Instead of waiting I informed the larger firm immediately (by email and then a phone call to HR). The nice lady at HR said she appreciated the heads-up. They made an offer within the week. Hard to know if it was a timing coincidence, or not.

Return to “Legal Employment”