Skadden Palo Alto

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:09 pm

Curious what people's thoughts are (transactional work). I've done a pretty extensive search and it seems like people discount them pretty heavily (below both the homegrown firms--Fenwick, WSGR, Cooley--and NY-based firms--at least Davis Polk). And yet, they are highly regarded (Band 1) in almost every corporate department on Chambers-Associate (and not just "California", but also "Northern California"). I put little stake in Vault rankings (because we aren't in NY), but they are high on the Northern California ranking.

Did I miss something? (I expect at least two humorous responses questioning my intelligence guys)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:30 pm

I can't help with the humor, schmuck, but , they are generally well regarded as far as the satellite offices go. Their business model doesn't really allow them to do the kind of strict emerging company/start-up stuff. But, they often will take on the work from local companies as they "grow up." They get a fair amount of that "growing up" work through a good relationship with Gunderson. And, they also are fairly big with the international players from Japan, canada, and korea who are trying to come into the valley. The chambers stuff is accurate.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:54 pm

Had a CB there recently. Great people and a good office. They do mostly employee compensation and benefits and acquisitions of start ups by bigger companies.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I just had a CB there today. Great office and great people. Mostly established companies acquiring smaller start ups and executive benefits and compensation. I really liked them and would probably accept the offer if I got it (though I'm unsure if I'll be getting an offer as they said they'll be telling me on Thursday and that length of time may be a kiss of death with Skadden :( )


How long was your interview? Did you have 20 minute interviews by chance? (Also Thursday might just be the day the recruiting/hiring committee meets)

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just had a CB there today. Great office and great people. Mostly established companies acquiring smaller start ups and executive benefits and compensation. I really liked them and would probably accept the offer if I got it (though I'm unsure if I'll be getting an offer as they said they'll be telling me on Thursday and that length of time may be a kiss of death with Skadden :( )


How long was your interview? Did you have 20 minute interviews by chance? (Also Thursday might just be the day the recruiting/hiring committee meets)


I did have 20 minute interviews. It meant that when I ran over several times, I got a truncated interview.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just had a CB there today. Great office and great people. Mostly established companies acquiring smaller start ups and executive benefits and compensation. I really liked them and would probably accept the offer if I got it (though I'm unsure if I'll be getting an offer as they said they'll be telling me on Thursday and that length of time may be a kiss of death with Skadden :( )


How long was your interview? Did you have 20 minute interviews by chance? (Also Thursday might just be the day the recruiting/hiring committee meets)


I did have 20 minute interviews. It meant that when I ran over several times, I got a truncated interview.


How many interviews did you do by chance? Just curious because it seems like the PA office does things a little differently.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:I just had a CB there today. Great office and great people. Mostly established companies acquiring smaller start ups and executive benefits and compensation. I really liked them and would probably accept the offer if I got it (though I'm unsure if I'll be getting an offer as they said they'll be telling me on Thursday and that length of time may be a kiss of death with Skadden :( )


How long was your interview? Did you have 20 minute interviews by chance? (Also Thursday might just be the day the recruiting/hiring committee meets)


I did have 20 minute interviews. It meant that when I ran over several times, I got a truncated interview.


How many interviews did you do by chance? Just curious because it seems like the PA office does things a little differently.


Lunch followed by 3 interviews.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Lunch followed by 3 interviews.


Jesus. Talk about a short interview. Best of luck to you.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273598
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Skadden Palo Alto

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:51 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Lunch followed by 3 interviews.


Jesus. Talk about a short interview. Best of luck to you.


Thanks! It wasn't super short, about 3 hours.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.