10 CB's , no offer yet, worry?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

10 CB's , no offer yet, worry?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Had 3 CB's last week (M W R) and one today, and have 6 left. I swear this isnt a troll or anything, but im starting to freak out, ecuase I havnt heard back from any of the CB's and really starting to worry that I just suck at CB's. I got my 10 CB's from a lottery screener system. I think I am really good with some people and crappy with others, which makes it touch for me to do well with 4 people (One perosn isnt going to like me most likely) am i being neurotic?

Danger Zone

Re: 10 CB's , no offer yet, worry?

Postby Danger Zone » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:52 pm

frankc

Postby frankc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had 3 CB's last week (M W R) and one today, and have 6 left. I swear this isnt a troll or anything, but im starting to freak out, ecuase I havnt heard back from any of the CB's and really starting to worry that I just suck at CB's. I got my 10 CB's from a lottery screener system. I think I am really good with some people and crappy with others, which makes it touch for me to do well with 4 people (One perosn isnt going to like me most likely) am i being neurotic?

Are you fucking kidding me

Scotusnerd

Postby Scotusnerd » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:55 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had 3 CB's last week (M W R) and one today, and have 6 left. I swear this isnt a troll or anything, but im starting to freak out, ecuase I havnt heard back from any of the CB's and really starting to worry that I just suck at CB's. I got my 10 CB's from a lottery screener system. I think I am really good with some people and crappy with others, which makes it touch for me to do well with 4 people (One perosn isnt going to like me most likely) am i being neurotic?

Yes. Don't pretend you have a job. Go out and start mass-mailing. And drink less coffee; you're making all sorts of crazy typos.

gregfootball2001

Postby gregfootball2001 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Can we rename this "3CB's last week, and as expected, no offer yet, but I'd like to go nuts about it anyway?"

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:58 pm

I loled. Yes you are neurotic. With 10 CBs you have like a 98% chance of at least one offer plus you can mass mail. The most important thing for these CBs is calm confident and prepared.

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Everyone without at least one offer should be worried to some degree. Obviously, you don't need to be as worried as most given your shitload of CBs.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:30 pm

pretty much i need to decide today to sign on a shit apt (600 a month but real bad) or one for 1g a month which would be nice but nothing crazy , and dont want to get the 1g one if i fell ill be jobless

rad lulz

Postby rad lulz » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:10 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I would not give you a job if I read this post.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Relax I'm in the same boat M R F last week and 1 today with 12 total and still no offer. My R and F callbacks clearly said no answer until midweek this week at the earliest. You have a shit ton of callbacks and you got them someway. Just go in confident and you should get at least 1 offer, but massmail like a crazy person until you have an offer.

Return to “Legal Employment”