Covington SV advice?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Covington SV advice?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:35 am

I have an interview with Covington SV; I would appreciate any advice or comments that you might have.

ETA: No tech. background, but they were obviously aware of that before calling me in. T-14, decent grades. It looks like a lot of the partners/associates in that office have clerked. I'm feeling pretty nervous.

Thanks in advance!

Anonymous User

Re: Covington SV advice?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:01 pm

It is a small office, made up of some people from Heller Ehrman and a contingent of transplants from Covington SF and DC. People are very nice and also, as you mentioned, well credentialed. A large chunk of work is IP Lit, so expect that line of work. Covington tries to let associates have some room to maneuver among practices but IP Lit is still the big area in SV. Other than that, interview is pretty standard. Best of luck and don't be too nervous; the people there are very nice.

Return to “Legal Employment”