Official Transcript

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Official Transcript

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:48 pm

I have to bring a "copy" of my official transcript with me for an upcoming callback. I thought that meant that I could xerox my official transcript and bring a copy. That makes sense because I'm going to need to use my official transcript several times in the coming weeks and it would suck if I had to request a new one every time. But now I'm thinking they may have wanted it sealed in the envelope. Thoughts?

cinephile

Re: Official Transcript

Postby cinephile » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Just order several official copies.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:52 pm

cinephile wrote:Just order several official copies.

Kind of late for that I'm afraid. So you think they wanted it sealed?

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

I think cutting corners here is really unwise. If they want an official copy, it'd be best to bring an official copy. The least you could do is order more official ones for upcoming interviews. Also, how can it be too late? At my school, if you're willing to pick them up in person, you can pick it up in 24 hours. And they'll rush them if it's OCI season because they understand how important this is.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:16 pm

I think they would have said "bring an official transcript" if they'd wanted an official original. "A copy of your official transcript" is a xerox. They're trying to differentiate that from an unofficial transcript you print off the website.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:52 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:I think they would have said "bring an official transcript" if they'd wanted an official original. "A copy of your official transcript" is a xerox. They're trying to differentiate that from an unofficial transcript you print off the website.

Alright. Thanks.

Return to “Legal Employment”