Sullivan & Worcester Boston -- Thoughts?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Sullivan & Worcester Boston -- Thoughts?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:19 pm

What do people think of Sullivan & Worcester in Boston? Have a callback there and just want to get the lowdown.

p1arnold

Re: Sullivan & Worcester Boston -- Thoughts?

Postby p1arnold » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:What do people think of Sullivan & Worcester in Boston? Have a callback there and just want to get the lowdown.

I've read that they don't give 100% offers every year. As for their practice, I am pretty sure they are unique in that they have more partners then associates. I'm not sure what that means in terms substantive experience an associate at the firm might get.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:40 pm

p1arnold wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:What do people think of Sullivan & Worcester in Boston? Have a callback there and just want to get the lowdown.

I've read that they don't give 100% offers every year. As for their practice, I am pretty sure they are unique in that they have more partners then associates. I'm not sure what that means in terms substantive experience an associate at the firm might get.

OP here -- Well, not that firms are always straight up in answering about substantive experience for associates, but that's at least a question I can ask during the interview. Kind of surpassed about the offer rate -- their class isn't very big, so you'd think they'd be pretty sure the people they hire in the first place are a good fit. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:11 pm

If I remember correctly, they didn't pay biglaw base salary and only paid $145,000 for first-years, with smaller salary bumps at each level of pay grade. Back when I was doing OCI (a few years ago), I had the impression that S&W was on the margins of true biglaw and was more a decent regional firm, but I didn't look into it very deeply.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:40 pm

Last year when I was doing interviews was told that the previous year (that is two years ago from now) they no-offered 3/8. Not sure how true it is and whether it is a common practice or just a bad year.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:30 am

Anonymous User wrote:Last year when I was doing interviews was told that the previous year (that is two years ago from now) they no-offered 3/8. Not sure how true it is and whether it is a common practice or just a bad year.

Definitely no-offered 3/8 in summer 2012 (heard directly and it's confirmed on their NALP form). No idea what it was this summer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:59 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Last year when I was doing interviews was told that the previous year (that is two years ago from now) they no-offered 3/8. Not sure how true it is and whether it is a common practice or just a bad year.

Definitely no-offered 3/8 in summer 2012 (heard directly and it's confirmed on their NALP form). No idea what it was this summer.

anyone know what it was for this summer?

Return to “Legal Employment”