Job Hunting Success Despite Roadblocks

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Job Hunting Success Despite Roadblocks

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi everyone!

With so much anxiety around OCI screeners, callbacks and offers, I thought it'd be nice to have a topic where older students/current associates can try to relieve some of that stress by discussing their success, despite running into roadblocks.

Even though my story is not personal to myself (I'm also in the middle of all of this anxiety) I know of a graduating 3L that received a summer associate position through mass mailing. He compared his job hunt, after not getting an SA offer through OCI, as basically being the "engine that could."

So, are there any older students/current associates who are willing to share their stories of success, despite running into roadblocks?

Any advice and wisdom you can offer would be deeply appreciated. Thank you.

Return to “Legal Employment”