Davis Polk v. Simpson Thatcher v. Weil (All Silicon Valley)

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Davis Polk v. Simpson Thatcher v. Weil (All Silicon Valley)

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm mainly interested in corporate work, primarily M&A, VC, and PE. I clicked with my interviewers about the same amount across all three firms. I'm interested in three things primarily: 1. High profile transactions with large tech clients 2. Exit opportunities to go in-house or (even better) in an investment capacity. 3. Good firm culture. Which one do you all think is the best choice here? Thanks!

Anonymous because my friends know I'm choosing among these three.

gnuwheels

Re: Davis Polk v. Simpson Thatcher v. Weil (All Silicon Valley)

Postby gnuwheels » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:16 pm

If your concern is exit options, then WSGR, Cooley and F&W should be on your list. It is my understanding that the indigenous valley firms have much better exit options than the satellites.

Unless you want to exit to east coast or to a PE firm.

ETA: I'm assuming you have at least one of the above mentioned options since they're still less selective than the three you originally mentioned.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:57 pm

Interested in this as well (although just between DPW and STB), interested primarily in exit options down the line and culture.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interested in this as well (although just between DPW and STB), interested primarily in exit options down the line and culture.

Bump.

legends159

Postby legends159 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interested in this as well (although just between DPW and STB), interested primarily in exit options down the line and culture.

Bump.

No difference. STB has slight edge for exit to a PE client and DPW to a bank. Culture is pretty much the same.

Return to “Legal Employment”